Applying for a grant
Which organisations or projects do we fund?
We support small organisations active in the following areas:
- Human rights
- Animal welfare and species conservation
We do not support any organisation that:
- Promotes or supports violence, aggression or oppression of others
- Denies the human rights of others
- Is involved in cruelty to animals
- Harbours racism, prejudice or religious intolerance
- Has not made every effort to be environmentally responsible
How can you apply for a grant from EG?
Our Trustees consider applications twice a year, usually in June and December. Please read our Grant Conditions before applying
Download a grant application form
How much can you apply for?
The bulk of Ethical Giving's donations are single sums between £250 and £1,000, the average being £500. We occasionally support much larger projects; these have ranged from £2,500 per annum for 3 years to a £10,000 one-off payment.
1. The Grant is only to be used for the purposes outlined in the Grant Application unless the Trustees have given consent or requested alterations to be made to the application for re- submission.
2. Unclaimed grant offers expire within 6 months.
3. We request a confirmation of receipt when funds have reached your account.
4. The Trustees like to receive reports and updates of how monies have been spent and how the individual/community/environment has benefitted from the grant. This feedback will often result in further support.
5. We prefer to receive reports and updates electronically rather than in print.
6. The issuing of a grant does not imply any responsibility on the part of the charity or its Trustees or any of its employees, clients or members of the public connected with the receiving organisation.